With summer slowly winding down, it’s time to make sure you’re prepped and ready for back to school. Do dinner the easy way with this creamy chicken dish, courtesy of our friend Dzung Lewis of Honeysuckle. One pot makes for less mess and more time to play. (Plus, you can pack up leftovers for lunch the next day!)
*Taken from Honestly (Honest.com’s Blog)
ONE POT PASTA
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 cup portobello mushroom, sliced
1 thinly sliced chicken breast
2 tsp kosher salt
1 cup dried gemelli pasta
1 cup broccoli florets
2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
¼ cup parmesan cheese
1 ½ cups whole milk
½ cup chicken broth
Fresh chopped parsley
Parmesan for topping
- In a large saucepan add in butter and olive oil. Then, add 2 cloves of minced garlic and cook it until fragrant.
- Add in sliced portobello mushrooms and sauté for about a minute minute.
- Add thinly sliced chicken breast, kosher salt, and some black pepper. Sauté for another few minutes.
- Next, add in dried gemelli pasta, broccoli florets, sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan cheese, whole milk and chicken broth, and mix everything together. Cook on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the pasta is al dente.
- Serve with a pinch of parsley and a light sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
~ Dzung Lewis, Honeysuckle