ith a cup of divine hot chocolate in one hand, and my hair clutched in the other to preserve some form of civilized appearance, I bravely took a stroll yesterday in the beautiful ‘Pathway to Paradise’. It is really the military jogging trail close to the base, but the sights and beauty of nature to be seen on that path simply demand a name more suited to it. There was quite the tempest of wind and rain yesterday, and such weather always calls me out, because you are sure to be alone on the walk then –and I like to think my thoughts out quietly at times. This Audrey Hepburn quote always comes to mind at such moments.
As I snuggled deeper into my down coat to escape the chill of the seeking wind, my thoughts took a sartorial turn, and I decided to put together my personal wardrobe essentials for cold weather dressing. 🙂 Without further ado, here it is!
Rule to keep in mind no matter what season or occasion you dress for:
Be creative and adventurous with clothing – but be true to your sense of self and style. No matter how daring the look, you should still be poised and comfortable in whatever you wear!
1. A ‘catch-your-eye’ winter coat. It should be equal parts classic and modern with impeccable fit. I like to make the little details, such as cuffs, coat and buttons say “This is who I am (today)!”
Safe and stylish: Go for classic neutrals such as camel, white/cream, black, charcoal grey.
Bold and playful: Treat colour like your personal playground –have fun!
2. Warm, chunky knits + luxurious cashmere pieces. There’s nothing like snuggling up in a good warm knit, and sweater dresses are lovely too. Favourite fabrics: wool, angora, cashmere, cotton. I am not fond of anything made out of acrylic or other synthetic fabrics. They do not let your skin breathe properly, and just aren’t as warm.
3. A dressy statement top. When the coat comes off, there should be something just as glamorous underneath it!
4. A good, warm pair of boots. For those days when you want to dance in the leaves or the snow…
5. A soft, shining ‘do. Short or long, beautiful locks will finish off any outfit perfectly… it is my secret ingredient to looking glowingly fresh during these cold, grey days.
I hope you are all enjoying the colder weather –what are your tips and essentials for staying warm and stylish?