Perhaps one of the best oatmeal cookies I have ever had.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup solid vegetable shortening, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with foil; butter foil. Blend first 5 ingredients in medium bowl.
Using electric mixer, beat butter, vegetable shortening, and both sugars in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in honey, eggs, and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats, coconut, dates, and walnuts. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheets, spacing mounds 2 inches apart. Flatten cookies slightly.
Bake cookies until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Cool completely on sheets. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.)